Which is when Taylor was born. Will her little brother follow in her footsteps?
I'm still having regular contractions, but as of last Thursday I hadn't progressed anymore with dialating. My blood pressure was a little high and there was protein in my urine. Those are both signs of preeclampsia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preeclampsia) , which I had with Taylor so my Dr. ordered a blood draw.
I was also tested for Group B Strep, which is a routine test that all pregnant women get between 35-37 weeks.
The Dr. called today with my results, and I tested positive for Group B Strep (http://www.groupbstrep.org/), which isn't really a big deal, but I will need to get antibiotics as soon as I am admitted for labor, to reduce the chances of Cash getting the infection through birth.
My blood test also showed elevated liver enzymes which is a further indicator of preeclampsia, so after my next appointment, I will be doing a 24 hour urine collection to test the protein level and let us know just how severe it is.
I'll update after my next appointment and hopefully I'll have some kind of change or news to report!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment