Sunday, January 31, 2010

Awesome Trade In Event at Babies R Us!

Babies R Us is having an awesome trade in event. Now through February 20th!
You bring in a used item and get 25% off a new item (Car seats, strollers, travel systems, high chairs, play yards, bassinets, cribs, toddler beds).
The item you trade in can be any brand, and then there are specific brands that you can use the 25% off on.
I read through the rules and there doesn't seem to be a limit on the age of the traded in item and you can do this as many times as you want til Feb 20th.
My friend did this yesterday, and was told that it's okay to stack the 25% off with any other coupon, which is great because a mailer just came out this weekend with tons of coupons.

Here are the rules and info http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3554261

Here is the scenario that I am going to use to get a new gate and a car seat:

We need a new gate that the older kids can walk through, but will still stay up to keep Cash contained, because its gotten so broken down by them trying to climb over.

Gate I want- 59.99
-20% off any item coupon
= 48.00
Use "Buy any gate over 50.00 and get 10.00 gift card back" coupon

Then I'll take in an old car seat of Taylors and get a 25% off coupon, I will also use a 15% off any car seat coupon, and use the 10.00 gift card towards my purchase to get a new car seat for Cash. I'm not sure which seat I'm going to buy, but with all those savings, it should be pretty cheap!

**Update** I went to BRU this morning, and while it's still a great deal, I got the official word on coupons. When doing the trade in, you can only use the 25% off trade in credit on the new item, and no other coupons.
Also, when I purchased the gate, they wouldn't let me use the 20% off any item, and the coupon for "buy a gate, get a 10.00 gift card". Since I had to choose, I used the 20% off, because that was a 12 dollar value.

If anyone needs extra coupons, please let me know and I will be happy to share, I am only using the gate and car seat coupon out of the whole flier!

I have coupons good to use on:

Nursery Furniture
Travel System or Stroller
Infant Swings
Play yards, Bassinets and High Chairs
Entertainer, jumperoo or walker
Crib bedding
Toddler Beds
Toy Story furniture or bedding
Play tents, tunnels
Breastpumps
Boppy Pillows
Bouncer or Travel Swing
Bathtubs
Diaper Bags
Baby Bjorn
Diaper Dekor Refills
Diaper Champ Refills
Diaper Genie 2 Refills
Baby Lotion, wash, powder, shampoo or rash cream
Laundry Detergent
Bottles
Cups
Pampers or Huggies Training Pants
Pampers Wipes
Gate or Monitor
Humidifier, Vaporizers, thermometers, wipe warmers
Potties, Boosters, Bed Rails

No comments: