
I've never had a real Cannoli (probably a good thing because I've heard the real ones are super high in calories), but my 8 year old daughter is a huge fan of Cake Boss, and we watched a marathon together yesterday, and I got inspired when I saw their episode about a "Cannoli Event", so today I decided to get creative and see what I could put together.
They turned out pretty good for only having an AMAZING 1 point each!
Just a little warning...Phyllo Dough can be tricky to work with, but if you have the patience, they are worth it because one square of it has 0 points.
2- Jello (or similar) Sugar Free Vanilla pudding cups
1 cup fat free cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP Splenda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 sheet phyllo dough
Blend the pudding, cream cheese, vanilla, splenda and cinnamon until fully mixed. (I used the magic bullet) Refrigerate until ready to use.
Prepare the phyllo dough according to package directions. You should be able to cut one sheet into 8 sqaures. Roll each square diagonally into a fluted tube. Place tubes onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake @ 375 for 5-8 minutes or until slightly browned.
Don't fill the tubes with cream until you are ready to serve them. Use a pastry bag, or cut a hole in the corner of a ziploc baggie filled with the cannoli cream.
Makes 8 servings

1 comment:
Yum!! Thanks for sharing. They look yummy and easy!
Post a Comment