Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's official, our family is complete.

And I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't feel great. I knew it wouldn't though. There was a time when we weren't even sure if we were going to have a child together, but after I got pregnant with Cash, we decided that was it. It was a decision that we made together, but it still made me sad. I knew that getting a Vasectomy was something that he wanted, and it made sense, but as my pregnancy came to an end, and I knew the time to get it done was getting closer, I realized something. Deciding not to have anymore children was one thing, and it was a decision I was totally okay with, but knowing that we weren't have anymore children because it absolutely wouldn't be possible was another.
The surgery was scheduled for November 5th (we had the consultation in September), but we found out last week that we were losing our insurance after October 31st, so Matt called the clinic yesterday morning and explained that he wouldn't be able to get the procedure done on November 5th, but they just happened to have an opening at 12:30, so I called my mom to come over and watch the kids, and we left around 11:30 to head down there. It was pretty quick, I watched the whole thing, and Matt said the worst part was getting numb, and the procedure itself didn't hurt at all. He seems to be doing okay today, but he will have to take it easy for the next week or so.

If you're interested, here is an interview with Dr. Wilson from the Today Show, explaining the no needle, no scalpel technique that he practices, and this is what Matt had done.

2 comments:

Cheris said...

How FUNNY... this video is of our friends getting the procedure done! Small world.. Scott got it done as well, from that same doctor, they call him "Dr. Snip".

Cheris said...

email me your email so i can add you to my "private" blog.