Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Flu..yuk!

In an effort to boost my weightloss and get my body into better shape to help with healing after my surgery, I joined a gym and had my first workout with a trainer on Friday. Wow. I knew I was out of shape, but that workout really kicked my butt. Friday I felt pretty good. Friday night, I started getting a cough. Saturday morning when I woke up, my whole body was so sore that it hurt to even move at all. I felt crappy all over, but I was hoping it was just from the workout and that I wasn't really getting sick. I figured if it was just pain from the workout, it would subside, so I took it easy for the day. Sunday morning when I woke up, I was miserable so I went to a walk in clinic, and sure enough, I tested positive for Influenza Type A (The Flu). The Dr. prescribed an inhaler, but I wasn't able to get it until yesterday, so I hope that it does some good. Matt has been great, doing things around the house and keeping the kids downstairs all weekend, but it's been so hard not to kiss and snuggle the baby :(
On a positive note, the Surgery Center called yesterday to go over the medical history questions, so now the next call I'll get will be from someone who will set a date for the surgery!

No comments: