As I said yesterday I have been having alot of pain and discomfort lately, so at my appointment yesterday she performed a test called the Fetal Fibronectin Swab
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_fibronectin ) that tests for the possibility of pre-term labor. I found out today that my test came back positive. That could mean that I will deliver as soon as in the next 2 weeks, but it almost definitely means that I will deliver sometime before 36 weeks. Right now I am 31 weeks, so I'm sure they will make any attempt to stop my labor, but I don't know if that will work or not. In the meantime I am on strict bedrest to try to keep baby in for as long as possible. I have an ultrasound and another Dr.'s appointment on Friday, so if I find out anything else I will update after that.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment