So, yesterday Matt and I left in the afternoon to go to a party where his stepdad's band was playing. There was a pool there so I went in the water for a bit, and then his mom drove me to the hospital to get my last dose of betamethasone. I had been contracting during the day, but they weren't painful so I didnt call the doc because I knew they would do an NST anyway at the hospital.
Well, I got there and they had me on the monitor for almost 2 hours before I got the shot. I was contractng the whole time, but the Dr. said she didn't need to check me because they expect me to be contracting, so I got the shot and went home. I got back to the party around 730 and Matt and I went home shortly after. Around 930 I started feeling uncomfortable, but my contractions had been random and it had been about 3 hours since I had anything really painful. Around 10 I went to the bathroom and had bloody mucous. Then I started having contractions...they came every 5 minutes for a half hour, so I went and took a shower, and laid back down for a few minutes to see if they continued. They did so I called the Dr. and she told me to come right in. We were on our way and I started feeling definite pain every few minutes, but I was so nervous I wasn't timing it.
They had me take a wheelchair to L&D. I got in my room, gave them a urine sample, put on a gown and by the time they hooked me up my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was definitely feeling them. The Dr. came in and checked me and let me know I would probably be staying for atleast 24 hours on Magnesium Sulfate. She checked me and said my cervix felt very "gooey soft" to her and there was a fair amount of blood on her glove. She ordered an ultrasound to check cervical length and since she didn't have access to Friday's ultrasound, they wanted to check the baby too. Well, I got the ultrasound...baby looks great, and we even got to see his face really good and got a cute picture.
The Dr. came in and said that my cervix is soft, still dilated to a 1-2 and the length is 2.8 so it's definitely shortening but she would give me a terbutaline (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbutaline) shot and if that slowed things down a bit she would send me home and I needed to continue strict bedrest and that she really wanted me to make it to 34 weeks. She said that a few times, so I get the feeling that's when they wouldnt stop labor anymore, but I'll be asking my regular Dr. for sure at my appointment this week. 34 weeks would put me at July 15th.
I feel better today but I'm still really tired.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ummm yah!!!! Stay in that bed and you just watch TV and no getting up!!! Few more weeks to let your LO bake!!!!
Post a Comment