On Friday I had a full afternoon of appointments. At 2:00 I had an ultrasound to check the baby's size and the amount of fluid since I have been measuring ahead. He was four and a half pounds and measuring between 33 and 34 weeks, so that makes me feel better. Also he is in perfect position for delivery and the fluid and placenta look great.
Had my appointment with Dr. Bourne (my regular Dr. is on vacation), he checked my cervix and the dialation hadn't changed since Monday, but he decided to send me to the hospital for NST (Non-Stress Test) monitoring that looks at the baby's heartrate and activity and measures my contractions. He also wanted me to get Betamethasone Shots to mature the babys lungs.
While there, I was contracting, but another check of my cervix showed no change, so I got the shot and went home. I was told to come back in 24 hours to get the second and final dose.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment