
So, once again I'm late on my weekly post for the challenge, but isn't that kinda the point..that we are busy moms? :)
Over the weekend, Matt went to a men's retreat at Camp Berachah www.campberachah.org
with some other guys from the church. He was gone Friday-Saturday night and had a great time! He came back with some new friendships and some inspirations of what he might like to do with his life in he future.
On Sunday at Church, the first sermon in the 40 days of love series started. I'm very interested in it, but I found myself getting irritated, and almost angry while listening to the message and then I realized why. I get the concept of forgiveness, but I am having a really hard time with the idea of "Show love to everyone, in everything that you do". There are some people in my life and in my past who have hurt me immensely and done unspeakable things, and I'm still waiting for those wounds to be healed. I guess I should start with learning a little patience. Maybe that's my first lesson to learn out of all of this. The small group portion of this series starts tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to exploring the message in that capacity. I'll update on that later this week.
Today Matt is taking the tests to earn his G.E.D. This is something he's thought about for awhile but just never got around to it. I guess I may be guilty of a little pushing, but I know he is excited about it, and is contemplating what to do next in regards to some possible further education.

4 comments:
OH MAN! I am a bigger believer in forgiveness! I tell you what, you can forgive them but not forget, then forgive yourself for being so angry about it. You will feel so much better. I honestly say, it has changed my life. I have a few people who have done the same to me, who have hurt me really bad, but I forgave them and myself and I feel like a new whole person. Good luck April! It's good to hear Matt went on the retreat and enjoyed himself!!
I have a hard time with forgiveness. Maybe it's more that I can say people are forgiven, but deep down I just want to hold on to that grudge just in case. I dunno. I've been hurt many times as well, and I got to the point that forgiving people was not making me feel better, seeing karma take action was much better for me. :P Is that horrible of me?
GED is a great thing! I started my college courses before getting it though. :)
I have a very hard time with forgiveness. I hold grudges forever. Good Luck!
Im glad matt had a good time at the retreat! how exciting about the GED too!!!
love ya!
breanna
Forgiveness is not hard for me, its the forgetting part. I'm working on the forgetting part though!
Good luck to Matt with the GED!!
Post a Comment