
On March 8th, Cash sat up all by himself. He's been sitting steadily for awhile, but this time he pulled himself up from laying down.
The next day, he FINALLY rolled over!
But I was not prepared for the milestone he would hit this past Monday. A tooth. Yep, there is a little piece of sharp stuff poking through. Three days later..another little piece of sharp stuff right next to it. My baby is getting his two front teeth :( When they are finally in, I'll update with pictures if he lets me :)
Last night, I wanted something sweet, but we didn't have anything in the house, so I hit up AllRecipes.com in search of something that I had the ingredients for.
I decided on the Simple White Cake. It was so good it doesn't even need frosting, although I'm sure it would be great with that addition. I tastes like a sugar cookie. And like the reviews say, it's dense like wedding cake or pound cake, not like a light and fluffy box cake.
*UPDATE- I decided to make some cream cheese, almond frosting to put on the cake. Delicious!
I didn't use a recipe, just threw the frosting together:
1/4 cup butter
5-6 oz fat free cream cheese (Most of a container)
1 box powdered sugar
1 capful of almond extract
It made more than enough frosting to cover an 11x7 cake.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Simple-White-Cake/Detail.aspx
INGREDIENTS
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk *(I used a full cup)
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
The kids are on Spring Break this week, and I am determined not to sit in the house everyday. I'm hoping to do the Children's Museum one day (they have some kind of Curious George thing going on http://www.thechildrensmuseum.org/Curious-George-GalleryGuid.asp ) and maybe go swimming another. Anyone with kids wanna get together for something fun one of these days?

2 comments:
Congrats Cash!
The cake sounds delicious! I might make that for Easter.
Yay Cash!! That cake does sound yummy, but I havent had much time to bake! Cant wait to see the pics of Cash's teeth!!!
Post a Comment