
Cash is getting his two front teeth, and I realized I am totally unprepared. Not only do I feel like it's too soon (I just want him to stay little), but I've never had a teething baby before, I've had a teething toddler. Taylor was 17, yes seventeen months when her first tooth came in and by that point, she could walk and talk and tell me "ouch mom, this hurts".
I've been giving him baby motrin a few times a day, and he is definitely drooling and having more snot coming out of his nose than normal, but how can I call if this is teething related or if he's sick? I guess it doesn't really matter, because I'll give him the same treatment regardless of the reason, but I'd like to know if I should expect this everytime a tooth comes in. Last night, he (and we) hardly slept at all, and surprisingly he was not exhausted this morning, as was I. He took a tiny little nap, but other than that, he's been up since around 6am. He's fussy, has a fever and the only thing that makes him semi-happy right now is being naked.

2 comments:
Hey April!
You know what really helped me at night with Cayley when she was teething? Those teething tablets. they worked quick and she stopped being so fussy. Are you giving Cashe Baby Oragel? That stuff is awesome too... I love that pic of him BTW!!!! *hugs for you and Cash*
None of my kids got teeth before a year and then here's Brayden with 12, yes 12 teeth. Four molars just came in. I think he got his first two or four at four or five months.
I've heard that teething tablets work good but I've never tried them. I always just do tylenol or motrin and some baby orejel. That seems to help.
There is a cold going around. We have runny noses and fevers all around up here.
And why is it that being naked makes little boys so happy? Brayden seems to enjoy nothing better.
Post a Comment