Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time Flies when you're exhausted

It's been 2 weeks since my last entry, and I guess I am finally ready to admit failure. Although I normally do post atleast weekly, I will no longer be labeling them as week # whatever of the year. I guess that in itself proves that I'm a busy mom, right?

Well, Matt spent last week Thurs-Sun at the Malibu Retreat up in Canada and he absolutely loved it! He's looking forward to going back every year, and is trying to talk me into going to the Women's weekend in September.

While Matt was gone, Cash started crawling, pulling himself up to standing against furniture, and learned to clap on command. It's really cute, all you have to do is say "Yaaaaaay!" and he gets a huge smile on his face and starts clapping those chubby little hands together.

My sweet Taylor will be 8 in a week from today, and unfortunately things aren't going so well for her. She has become depressed, and it seems to be getting worse. She has started counseling, but I'm seeing more alarming signs at home and I just don't know what to do. She has so much pain, and feelings that a little girl shouldn't even know about and I just want to take that pain away. I normally don't publicly point out the reason for her pain, but as I see her go downhill emotionally and physically (her weight is dropping and she just doesn't look healthy), I am becoming more and more disgusted with her real father, John. He is a deadbeat dad in every sense of the word and is literally ruining her life and is responsible for my sweet, innocent little girl turning into a troubled, confused, burdened little soul. I worry about how this will affect her, not only now but later in life. When I was a child, someone did some damage to me and it has affected my whole life, and given me issues that have followed me and interferred in every aspect of my life. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to acknowledge and deal with that pain until I was into my adult years, so my hope for Taylor is that we can address the issues and begin the healing now, before it's too late.

No comments: