Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Appointment at the Gastroenterology Clinic 4.14.09
Today I had my appointment with one of the Nurse Practitioners and she was very nice and informative. She went over my recent records and symptoms, both recent and past and discussed some things and told me she like me to have a colonoscopy ASAP to see what is going on in my body. She noticed several different things that were "off" in my bloodwork, and didn't know if those were all indications of one specific problem or if I'm possibly dealing with a few different issues here. She consulted with a Dr., and he preferred to send me for an "MRI angiogram to rule out thrombus" which basically means he wanted to make sure there aren't any blood clots that need to be taken care of right away before we go any further. I was told that the MRI department at the hospital would fit me in, but I would have to wait an hour. An hour was fine with me, but when we got there, someone came out and explained that they were running behind for their scheduled patients, and anyone from the ER would be a priority, so I was looking at a wait of atleast 4 hours. Well, atleast 4 hours in a waiting room with an 8 month old? I don't think so. I told them I appreciated them trying to fit me in but I just couldn't wait, so they have me on the schedule for tomorrow evening. So, that's all I know for now, not much new information. From what I understand, I'll get this MRI,the doc will review it, and as long as there is nothing found that needs immediate attention before continuing with other procedures, a colonoscopy will be scheduled sometime very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, hopefully you've gotten the MRI already today. I hope it's nothing major and that they will get this mystery figured out. I hate to hear you suffering with this. I'm thinking about you, sweetie!
Post a Comment