Friday, April 17, 2009

Hoping for a day of rest

I got to the hospital right at 4 yesterday, and as I was getting out of the car, my phone rang and it was a hospital number calling. It was Dr. Whorton, the ER doc I saw on Sunday, just calling to check up on me and see how I was feeling and if I was getting follow-up treatment. He said that he would review all my further tests to keep himself in the loop and wished me well. I thought that was really nice of him, he didn't have to call and check on me, but it sure made a good impression. Even though it's out of the way, I think I'll continue going to Evergreen for any future ER visits instead of just going to where is closest to home.
I got the scans done, and left the hospital around 6. Of course they couldn't tell me anything at that time, so I'm waiting to hear from someone at the Gastro clinic today to see what's next. It would be nice to be able to stay in bed today though, and not hear "We need you to come in again, today..." I'm hoping there were no problems so we can proceed with a colonoscopy. Wow...I never thought I'd be wishing for a colonoscopy ;)

Til next time,

Aprl

3 comments:

Caroline said...

: )

Glad to hear from you... I was starting to worry...

Xaleyn said...

Well, it's good to hear from you! I hope everything gets sorted out soon. That was really good of that Dr. to call you. That's pretty rare.

Ellie... said...

I just love when my doctor calls to check in.
It's always good to know they are personable and not just professionals.
I hope all this gets sorted out girl!!!