Monday, April 20, 2009

Let's talk about something other than my health - Week 13

The past couple weeks I feel like all I have posted about are these health problems I've got going on, so I'm going to try and detour from that.
First off, since I haven't been feeling great, I've been comforting myself the only way I know how...with food. Combine that with the fact that I haven't been to the gym and surprise....I have put on 10 pounds! Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I know it was kinda inevitable, I mean who wants to eat steamed veggies and grilled chicken when they don't feel good? Not me.
Speaking of weight, the other night, I went to a BBQ at an old friends house. A friend who I've known for about 14 years. I brought a recent (like the past 3 years) close friend with me, and I decided to pull out some old photo albums to show the recent friend. After flipping through the photos for a few minutes, she looked up at me and said "Wow...you look so different. You actually look happy. I can tell in these pictures that you really are genuinely happy, not like now when you just pretend to be" I looked at her, looked at the old pictures, looked at me and said "It's the weight, it's gotta be" And it is. Sure, other things in my life are different now too, but my weight holds me back. It holds me back from having fun and not caring who is watching, or how I look. I don't want there to be limits to my fun and happiness, I want to be able to feel happy and comfortable and not have to pretend.

That's all for now. I may add more later or do another entry, but I have a baby trying to make his way around my room and I need to make sure he isn't getting into too much trouble :)

1 comment:

Amber Red said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us April. I will pray for you and hope that you can run to Jesus when you are down. I will pray for you.