Since I've had many people suggest that we look into COBRA insurance, I feel the need to clarify. The problem isn't keeping the insurance, because it is not official "work insurance". The company Matt worked for is very small (besides the owner there is Matt and the secretary), so they did not offer insurance, but the insurance was billed to the company and money taken out of Matt's paychecks. Fortunately, enough had been taken out prior to him getting laid off that we had insurance through the end of April. Unfortunately, the problem is paying for the insurance, which is something we cannot do right now, so that is the frustrating part. Matt's unemployment income will run out in 5 weeks, and I'm hoping to then be eligible for State Insurance, but for now, we're "stuck".
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, prayers and suggestions.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have you already looked at State Insurance? Maybe you already qualify. I also had the thought of going through the college since I remember them offering low rates for students. I hope something works out, that sounds like a scary situation to be in.
And how's the liquid diet going? Sounds fun...
Praying for you:)
Post a Comment