I shop at Albertsons, use my preferred card and most of the time I build my grocery list by looking at the weekly ad. That's how I save money, no coupons.
Lately I've been seeing and reading so many things about the benefits of couponing, so I thought I'd give it a try. So, on Sunday I bought a paper and spent a couple hours clipping coupons and looking at ads. I made 3 lists; Walgreens, Rite Aid and Albertsons. I did my shopping today, and At Albertsons I spent $49.00 and saved 62.00, At Walgreens I spent $14.00 and saved $25.00 and at Rite Aid, I spent $15.00 and saved $14.00, plus I have a ten dollar rebate coming that I already filled out online. So, I spent $78.00, saved $101.00 and will get an additional $10.00 back, all for the cost of a Sunday paper! I was amazed at how much stuff I got for so little money! A few things even worked out to be free :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
sweet!!!
I love it when I save more than I spend. I need to start getting the sunday paper. Did you do this with the grocery game?
I did a trial subscription to the Grocery Game, but I don't think I'll continue with it, because it told me the same things that I found out just by going through the ads myself and matching up coupons with sales.
Okay, I'm going to try it again. You saved A LOT! And thanks for trying the grocery game for us:)
This is great April.. I have really been enjoying couponing as well. I follow this blog Fistful of coupons and she tells a lot of scenarios that work great. I am hoping to get our budget down to 300...for a family of 6 would be amazing. Well see :)
I love getting free things, that's awesome! :)
Post a Comment