Saturday, November 28, 2009

Easy Au Gratin Potatoes

I've had alot of good grocery deals lately, and I realized today that because of that, I have alot of food on hand, so I decided to make a ham, french bread, a pumpkin pie, and Au gratin potatoes. This was a really easy recipe, and it was easy to find, because it was right on the back ofthe can of new potatoes that I scored for 22 cents a can earlier in the week. I also made a slight addition to it. When combining the ingredients in the baking dish, I added some real bacon bits, and dill.

Ingredients

2 Tbsp Butter

2 Tbsp flour

1 cup milk

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1 cup Cheddar or Swiss cheese , shredded

2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) DEL MONTE® Sliced New Potatoes,drained

Directions

1.Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour.

2.Add milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add garlic powder and 1/2 cup cheese.

3.Combine potatoes and sauce in 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.

4.Bake at 375°F, 25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.


All Prepped and ready to bake!


And After

No comments: