Monday, November 23, 2009

Pastry wrapped Baked Brie

Last week at MOPS, it was our tables turn to provide food for everyone, and I decided to make a baked brie. I love this recipe because it's quick, easy, flexible to your tastes, and it looks fancy. I make it anytime that I need something for a party or group but don't have time to spend all day baking. I don't have pictures of any of the ones I have made but I'll find some to post to show how you can decorate it if you're feeling extra creative.

Ingredients
1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls, pillsbury recipe creations dough sheet, pastry puff phyllo dough or pie crust

1 8 oz round of Brie Cheese *(For feeding larger groups you can use a 16 oz round)

1 beaten egg

Any toppings that you would like; raspberry jam, brown sugar and butter, nuts, cranberries, apples, honey, bacon, sundried tomatoes, etc...


Directions
Preheat oven to 350

If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.

Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough.

If you are adding some kind of topping, spread it on top of the cheese.

Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg.

Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. *(If you are using a larger size round, increase cooking temp to 375 and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown)

Serve alone, or with apples, crackers or sliced baguettes.





1 comment:

Mina said...

yummmmm! that sounds really tasty!