Monday, November 23, 2009

Throw-together Crockpot Chili/Soup

This morning I looked at the mountain of laundry upstairs, and the 2 children who were home with me, and I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking tonight, so I decided to do one of my favorite things...A "throw-together" meal. I do this when I'm either feeling creative, desperate or when I don't feel like grocery shopping and I just need to use what I've got.

I looked in my cupboards and freezer and started adding things to my crockpot, which I turned on to low (8 hours). I didn't measure what I put in, but I have a pretty good idea of the amounts I used. And...it turned out great!


1 cup V8 juice
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Carribean Black Beans
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1/8 cup Minced Onion
1/2 - 1 cup Brown Sugar depending on how sweet you want it
4 Chicken, Turkey and artichoke sausages, sliced (You could use any kind of brats, sausages or kielbasa and it would be great)

No comments: