Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Awesome Albertson's Adventure!

Okay, so when I started couponing, I was all fired up and ready to go. I spent hours looking through the ads and it totally paid off! But...I slacked all summer long, and I don't think I did any couponing at all :-( I guess I just didn't have time. I know that sounds ridiculous, because who doesn't have time to save money, right? But the time and the motivation just wasn't there for me. Well, I decided to go shopping this morning because I saw some great deals in the Albertson's ad. The best deal right now, in my opinion is the pie and ice cream promo, especially with Thanksgiving coming up. Buy one Sara Lee pie for 6.39, and get another free pie, and 2 Breyer's Ice Creams! Any flavors, and NO limit! So, I definitely took advantage of that, and when I was done, I spent $64.22, and saved $99.28!
And I got all this....

2 packages of Idahoan Potatoes
2 cans of Evaporated Milk
4 cans of corn
Baking Soda
2 (3pks) of Red Star yeast
2 Twix bars
2 cans of condensed milk
4 jars of Skippy Peanutbutter
3 boxes of Cap'n Crunch cereal
1 12pk of Albertsons Root Beer
4 jars of Ragu Alfredo sauce
1 box of Pillsbury brownies
4 boxes of pasta
1 can of Folgers coffee
2 tubs of Land O Lakes Butter
2 packages of Pillsbury cookie dough
2 Sara Lee pies
2 tubs of Breyer's Ice Cream
10 pounds of 85/15 ground beef

And yes, I realize it would have been more effective to take a picture of everything that I bought, but by the time I thought about blogging about this, I had put away half the groceries already.

And quite honestly, I probably could have saved more money if I had taken the time to look through my stacks of coupons to find more to use, but it was just me and the baby this morning, he was in a good mood, and I was up early enough to beat the crowds, so I took the opportunity and went :-)

No comments: